Even though QuickBooks accounting software is great for businesses, it sometimes triggers issues that interfere while doing meaningful work. For example, while users are operating QuickBooks software, there are times when the user's screen freezes up or encounters errors and stops taking any commands. It is a serious issue, and the issue triggers while launching the QuickBooks desktop; it displays an error on their screen with a message saying not opening, not responding, or the QuickBooks software has stopped.
Are you stuck on the same error? This article will discuss everything related to the freezing error of QuickBooks, its causes, and methods to resolve it.
Reason for Freezing Error in QuickBooks
Some of the reasons behind triggering QuickBooks freezing up the issue are as follows:
- The name of the organization is too long
- The hard drive of the system is corrupted
- The file “INI” is missing, corrupt, or damaged
- QuickBooks desktop or program file is damaged
- The operating system of users, windows, is outdated
- Error in the installation
- A few of the files of software are damaged
Few Symptoms of the QuickBooks Freezing Error
There are some pre-symptoms that QuickBooks show at the early stage of error. Some of them are:
- The user's system slows down after freezing for some seconds.
- The QuickBooks software becomes slow along with the system's mouse or keyboard response.
- Facing hardship in performing any operation on the software
How to Resolve the Freezing Error of QuickBooks
Solution 1: Launch the Install diagnostic tool of QuickBooks from Tool Hub
- Run the tool hub of QuickBooks and select the tab “Installation Issues.”
- Now choose the option “QuickBooks install diagnostic tool,” then wait for the tool to finish running.
- It is not suggested to shut down the utility manually & after the tool resolves any present problems, re-launch the QuickBooks software.
- If the issue persists, open the “Clean install tool” and fix it.
Solution 2: Remove the Browser’s Cache
As internet explorer is the default browser for QuickBooks software, it requires the cache to be clean as excess data slows down the system. If the data is overloaded, it crashes and freezes the QuickBooks software. Below are some steps to remove the trash cache:
- Launch internet explorer and open the “Tools menu” from the gear icon
- Choose “Delete browsing history” from the Safety option.
- Ensure ticking Cookies and temporary Internet files check box and then delete.
Solution 3: To fix the Data Damage issue, Open rebuild or verify the data utility
When there is damage or data loss from the company file, it will take a long time for QuickBooks to open. To resolve this issue, the user needs to check if any damaged file is presently using Verify data utility; if yes, and then follow the steps below:
- Select “Utilities” from the file menu.
- Click on the option “Verify Data” and then return to the File menu if there is the presence of any damage.
- Now choose “Rebuild Data.”
- It will help fix the damage by taking some time, and after that, select OK
- Again, open the “Verify Data Utility” to ensure the fixing of the damage.
Solution 4: Modify the “DDF and DAT files.”
- Shut down the files of the company from all systems
- Next, get the location of the directory of the company and then rename it to Dat
- Remove each file consisting of “”
- For saving payment on a similar directory, Launch Company & select confirm.
Solution 5: Refresher Tool of QuickBooks
- Firstly shut down every desktop version of QuickBooks
- Install the “Refresher tool of QuickBooks.”
- After installation is complete, save it on the desktop
- Run this tool, and lastly, reopen the desktop of QuickBooks.
Solution 6: Close down the QBW32.Exe software
- Right-click on the windows taskbar and launch task manager
- Now choose the “process tab” and click on the image's title.
- Choose every app, starting with intuit, .qb, or QuickBooks.
- Finally, select the button “End Process” to complete the steps.
Solution 7: Remove the Desktop of QuickBooks
If any of the methods provided above do not work, then try this one
- Open the Run command on the desktop by pressing together the Windows
- Now select the control panel, then Ok
- Click on the option “Program & Features.”
- Choose the option “Uninstall program.”
- Next, choose QuickBooks from the program list and change/uninstall
- Lastly, comply with the steps mentioned on the screen.
Sometimes, it is too frustrating when the computer freezes or hangs while performing some important tasks. Moreover, an organization's critical data can also be corrupted due to these issues. The article has covered almost all the possible steps to fix QuickBooks Freezing Error. However, if a user still faces the same Error, it is suggested to contact the QuickBooks error support team 1-800-615-2347.